Our Committee is foremost concerned with making sure all Special Olympics athletes have an amazing experience at the Fall Festival. As a result, the Committee annually invites an Athlete Representative to attend our meetings and confer with the Management Team in the planning and development stages of the Festival. This way, we can ensure that an athlete perspective is provided for all the decisions we make.
Athlete Representative - Lisa Barbour
This year we are happy to welcome Liz Barbour to the Special Olympics Committee! Lisa is a Special Olympics Philadelphia Athlete Representative and SOPA Global Messenger! She has been participating in Special Olympics for 25 years, happily celebrating 27 this year! Coincidentally, it is the 27th anniversary of Villanova's Fall Festival as well!
6 More Things You Didn't Know About Lisa
- She plays soccer, volleyball, basketball, bocce, bowling, and aquatics/swimming. Next year, she is adding athletics.
- Her favorite sport is Soccer.
- She goes to Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia, every year in June. She love meeting the celebrities there. Her favorites were Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery.
- She loves writing and drawing. I am a PASSIONATE WWE fan. She has met my favorite wrestlers, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk, John Cena, The Bella Twins, Lita, and Daniel Bryan.
- She is fearless! She can walk up to any celebrity or wrestler or everyday person and find it easy to talk to them.
- She have a collection of hats. Her favorite is my Mad Hatter hat.
Athlete Representative - Dan Kolb
Dan has been involved with Special Olympics PA for 46 years in a variety of sports! Not only has he been involved with Special Olympics for longer than we've had Fall Festival at Villanova, he's competed in swimming, track, field hockey, floor hockey, basketball, soccer, and tennis!
4 More Things You Didn't Know About Dan:
- He enjoys hanging out with all of his friends and his family
- He loves travelling, when he gets a chance to between SpO events!
- In his off time, he loves to play tennis (the athlete in him never quits!)
- Dan also likes to watch TV and go to the mall